ACOMP Workshop on Monte Carlo Simulation of Head LINAC modeling and Dose Calculation
The course aims to provide the fundamental understanding in Monte Simulation of Head LINAC modeling and dose calculation based on EGSnrc code. The participants will learn to build the head linac using BEAMnrc user-code. They will also calculate the dose not only in Phantom but also in Patient based on CT-Scan image-data. The installation and running of Monte Carlo simulation on cluster computer will be introduced in this course.
This course will be held on 10 – 14 July 2017 in Physics Department, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia.
The learning outcomes of this course are:
- Acquiring in base knowledge of Monte Simulation in particle transport for medical application, especially in Radiotherapy
- Design the head LINAC and phantom
- Calculating dose in phantom and in based CT-scan patient images.
- Commissioning the head LINAC model
- Capability to install and running the EGSnrc-code in cluster computer
For more information, please to contact: